Adjunct Practice Advisor & Attorney
Brenda Geiger is the founder and CEO of Geiger Law Office, P.C., a trusts and estate planning law firm which opened in 2007 in North County San Diego. The firm has helped over 4,000 families to protect themselves and their wealth through innovative estate and asset protection strategies.
Brenda is also a sought-after speaker, coach and attorney on a variety of business, estate and asset protection topics. She has been featured on KPBS, NBC, KFMB 760, ESPN 1700, Real Talk San Diego, North County Lawyer Magazine, WealthCounsel Quarterly Magazine, and the San Diego International Law Journal.
Her law firm hosts an annual Trusts & Estates Symposium that provides leading edge education to allied professionals and the firm’s clients. It also sponsors a charity event to support the American Cancer Society each year in December.
While studying at the University of San Diego School of Law, Brenda was selected for the Oxford University International Comparative Law Program in Oxford England and was a member of the Entrepreneurship Clinic and San Diego International Law Journal.
Brenda grew up in the Midwest, and in 2004 married the love of her life, Len, a former Marine Corps officer. They have a son and a daughter they love to spend time with. The Geigers also love adventure, soccer and travel and look forward to many more years of it.
- Protecting You and Your Business, a Practical Guide for California Business Owners (2013)
- The Smart Family’s Guide to Protecting an Aging Parent from a Long Term Care Financial Crisis in California (2015)
- Protecting Your Children’s IRA Inheritance with a Retirement Protector Trust– Second Edition (2021)
- Safeguarding the Nest, Fourth Edition (2017)
- Secrets of Great Estate Planning, Fourth Edition (2022)
- Estate Planning Secrets Of The Affluent, Second Edition (2019), written with David M. Frees, III, J.D.
- The Trustee’s Guide to Trust Administration in California (2019)
- “Marital Planning In The Joint Trust, Balancing Income Tax, Transfer Tax and Asset Protection Concerns,” Wealth Counsel Quarterly (Volume 9/Number 3, Q3 2015)
- “How To Protect A Beneficiary From Losing The IRA They Inherit To Creditors, Predators and Divorcing Spouses,” North County Lawyer Magazine (April 2015)
- “Asset Protecting Your Children’s Inheritance,” North County Lawyer Magazine (August 2012)
- “Authorization to Kill Terrorist Leaders and Those Who Harbor Them: An International Analysis of Defensive Assassination,” San Diego International Law Journal, 4 San Diego Int’l L.J. 491, Spring 2003
- Geiger Law Office, P.C. (2007 to Present)
- Frank & Burke, Of Counsel Real Estate and Estate Planning Attorney
- Griswold Law Group, Of Counsel Estate Planning Attorney
- Innercool Therapies, Inc., Senior Law Clerk
- Procopio, Cory, Hargreaves & Savitch LLP, Trademark Paralegal
- Qualcomm, Inc., Patent Prosecution Paralegal
- Fish & Richardson, P.C., Patent Prosecution Practices Specialist
- Frantz, Mason & Hautaluoma, Civil Litigation Paralegal
- University of San Diego School of Law (2004)
- University of San Diego School of Law Entrepreneurship Clinic (2003)
- San Diego International Law Journal, Comment Editor and Staff Writer (2001-2003)
- University of Oxford–Magdalen College, Oxford, England (2003)
- University of San Diego, Bachelor of Arts (1995)