Lawyers like to stick with what they think works in their practices–even if they could be doing much better by making small changes. This includes how they approach marketing. But if it’s done right, changing your marketing strategy can completely change how your practice attains–and retains–revenue.
Content marketing is a type of marketing that can lead to referrals and more reliable income streams. When done with consistency and providing rarely given answers, you can become the go-to practice in your field.
In this episode of Great Practice, Great Life, author and marketing and communications strategist Robert Rose is Steve’s guest. Robert is a firm believer in the power of content marketing. His philosophy revolves around the idea that marketing doesn’t have to be complicated to be successful. He understands that when something in your strategy isn’t working, it’s time to pivot–and he has experience doing this himself.
This episode is full of nuggets of genius, including why classic marketing techniques still work when you incorporate them with new marketing ideas, why doing what you love doesn’t always create income, and how content marketing can help answer the questions you answer in your business over and over again. Robert is excited to share how marketing can ultimately pay for itself.
In this episode, you will hear:
- The simplicity of marketing and why serendipity makes great marketing
- What Robert’s current podcast is about, how it started, and what his old podcast covered
- The importance of classic marketing techniques and why they still work in conjunction with new marketing ideas
- Why doing what you love doesn’t always bring in the income you want
- The common challenge businesses face when it comes to marketing
- The definition of content marketing and why delivering value is what makes it successful
- What advertising is versus content marketing that offers value
- One of the biggest business benefits of content marketing
- Why content marketing can help answer the questions you answer over and over again
- Simplicity can create great marketing with the Rarely Given Answer (RGA)
- Three ways attorneys can build their content marketing strategies
- How marketing can ultimately pay for itself
- What Robert wants lawyers to know about content marketing
Follow and Review:
We’d love for you to follow us if you haven’t yet. Click that purple ‘+‘ in the top right corner of your Apple Podcasts app. We’d love it even more if you could drop a review or 5-star rating over on Apple Podcasts. Simply select “Ratings and Reviews” and “Write a Review” then a quick line with your favorite part of the episode. It only takes a second and it helps spread the word about the podcast.