How often do you truly ask for what you want? How often do you advocate for yourself in your professional life?
Join Steve on a transformation journey as he sits down with Dia Bondi, a fearless communicator and expert in making meaningful and powerful asks. From her unique experiences in auctioneering to her ongoing work in closing the gender gap in the legal world, Dia’s wisdom will surely leave you empowered and inspired.
Have you ever wondered how to navigate the fine line between your professional obligations and your personal aspirations? On this episode of Great Practice, Great Life, Dia provides an insightful exploration of Project Ask, an initiative to help lawyers and other professionals negotiate for a life that’s not merely about a good practice but a great life. Steve and Dia delve into the intricacies of advocating, not just for ourselves but for the underrepresented people and industries alike. They underline the significance of being a purposeful agent in your own life to create meaningful change.
Ultimately, this episode is about transformation. Dia Bondi guides you through the process of crafting a practical framework for achieving your goals, emphasizing the four pillars of asking – money, authority, influence, and balance. She and Steve also explore the Stockdale Paradox, leading you to confront your realities while maintaining the faith that you will prevail in the end.
Be prepared for a journey of confrontation, transformation, and empowerment, and stay tuned for a sneak peek into Dia Bondi’s upcoming book and summit.
In this episode, you will hear:
- Who Dia Bondi, a communications expert, is, and her unique approach to making powerful asks, drawing from her experience as an auctioneer
- The concept of self-advocacy and how to leverage it to lead a fulfilling life beyond professional success
- What Project Ask is and how it’s designed to help professionals, particularly lawyers, negotiate for better work conditions and a more fulfilling life
- The gender gap in various industries and how advocating for underrepresented people can effect change
- Dia’s four pillars of making an ask – money, authority, influence, and balance – and how to effectively tie them to your purpose
- An explanation of the Stockdale Paradox, a concept that encourages confrontation of current reality with faith in ultimate triumph
- Dia Bondi’s upcoming book and summit both centered around her approach to powerful communication and making effective asks
Follow and Review:
We’d love for you to follow us if you haven’t yet. Click that purple ‘+‘ in the top right corner of your Apple Podcasts app. We’d love it even more if you could drop a review or 5-star rating over on Apple Podcasts. Simply select “Ratings and Reviews” and “Write a Review” then a quick line with your favorite part of the episode. It only takes a second and it helps spread the word about the podcast.