Are you ready to add some spice to your legal practice?
On this episode of Great Practice, Great Life, join Steve as he interviews Sam Price, a seasoned estate planning, trust, and probate lawyer, as he unfolds a treasure trove of experiences ranging from surviving natural disasters to innovative staff development strategies. As a veteran of the law field with a unique backstory, Sam shares practical tips for building a thriving legal practice that may help you reframe your perspective on your career.
Digging into his past, we explore Sam’s intriguing transition from a large accounting firm to launching his own successful practice. While sharing his experiences, Sam also explores the importance of fostering patience and tolerance. He draws upon his experience working with homeless shelters to reshape his approach to understanding and motivating his team. Additionally, he reveals his innovative internal training and coaching program that has been instrumental in his team’s development.
Finally, we dive into the pivotal role of “think days” in Sam’s practice growth strategy. He shares his contrarian approach to this, dedicating a couple of days every quarter and one day a month to strategic planning and reflection.
This episode is packed with practical advice from Sam, encompassing everything from transitioning from blogging to building referral relationships, hiring strategies, and gratitude and appreciation in a legal practice.
In this episode, you will hear:
- Sam Price’s journey from a large accounting firm to building a successful private practice in Redlands, California
- His unconventional approach to legal practice, incorporating patience and tolerance learned from his time working with homeless shelters and implementing unique internal training and coaching programs for his staff
- The benefits of offering his team half-day Fridays during the summer and how an understanding and motivated team can significantly impact the success of the practice
- The use of “think days” for strategic planning and reflection, a contrarian approach that has fueled the growth of his practice
- Shifting his focus from blogging to building referral relationships and the use of personality assessment tools in hiring to ensure a compatible and efficient team
- Sam’s transition from real estate litigation to estate planning and choosing an area of law that aligns with one’s personality and the type of practice desired
- The importance of maintaining positivity, optimism, and practicing gratitude, even in times of frustration and challenges
Follow and Review:
We’d love for you to follow us if you haven’t yet. Click that purple ‘+‘ in the top right corner of your Apple Podcasts app. We’d love it even more if you could drop a review or 5-star rating over on Apple Podcasts. Simply select “Ratings and Reviews” and “Write a Review” then a quick line with your favorite part of the episode. It only takes a second and it helps spread the word about the podcast.