In the second part of a two-part series, Steve continues his conversation with Deidre Von Rock, a lawyer whose resilience, tenacity, and drive have seen her through personal struggles and professional triumphs.
On this episode of Great Practice, Great Life, Steve delves deeper into Deidre’s journey, from battling cancer and divorce to building a successful law practice. She opens up about the power of community support during her cancer journey and reflects on her experience with the disease.
Turning to her professional life, Deidre explains what she’s learned about online marketing, the value of SEO, and having an award-winning website. She shares the strategies used by her firm, Von Rock Law, to attract prospective clients and discusses the integral role of CRM software and a streamlined intake process. Client pre-education is central to Deidre’s success, a strategy she believes sets her firm apart.
Deidre’s approach to her practice is underpinned by what she calls “The Von Rock difference” – efficiency, transparency, and empathy. A big part of this approach is the impactful role her Team Leader plays, who she credits with enhancing her firm’s growth and efficiency. The conversation also touches on the importance of work-life balance, with Deidre sharing how she has fostered this as a central component of her firm’s culture.
As a successful woman in the legal profession, Deidre is a beacon of leadership for women in the field. She shares her advice for those looking back on their journey and reflects on the invaluable role played by her beloved pug, Lola, in marketing her business. Join Steve and Deidre in this episode as they explore the road to professional success and personal resilience.
In this episode, you will hear:
- Deidre Von Rock’s thoughts on seeking help, faith, and finding joy in each day, regardless of personal struggles
- The importance of a robust online presence for a law firm
- Why your law firm needs a well-designed website, effective team leadership, and strategic use of modern tools like social media, geofencing, and SEO
- Von Rock Law’s marketing strategies and how their online presence drives business growth
- Advice for lawyers starting their practice and why efficiency, transparency, and empathy are vital elements for success
- Deidre’s approach to hiring and managing employees and her strategies for achieving work-life balance in law
- Her transition from lawyer to successful entrepreneur and the importance of planning, setting goals, and reinvesting in the business
Follow and Review:
We’d love for you to follow us if you haven’t yet. Click that purple ‘+‘ in the top right corner of your Apple Podcasts app. We’d love it even more if you could drop a review or 5-star rating over on Apple Podcasts. Simply select “Ratings and Reviews” and “Write a Review” then a quick line with your favorite part of the episode. It only takes a second and it helps spread the word about the podcast.