Creating a LinkedIn business page for your law practice is an important element in establishing trust and credibility. It is a powerful platform to promote your services, find top-quality job candidates, connect with your audience and make it easy for your clients to find you.
According to ABA Legal Profile, 77% of lawyers personally use or maintain a presence on social media for professional reasons. The most popular social media platforms include:
If you still aren’t sold on LinkedIn, this platform can also increase searchability. When someone searches for your business in Google, your LinkedIn account can pull up. Your account can link to your website, a blog post, and you can share articles with keywords to help build credibility and awareness. You can also use this platform to educate clients about your business.
So how do you go about creating a LinkedIn Business page for your law practice?
- Log in to your personal LinkedIn account
- Click on the “Work” tab in the top right corner
- Click on the drop down menu and click “Create a Company Page” button
- Choose the type of business page you want to create
- Fill out your profile with company information, name, website, industry, company size and company type. You can also include your logo and a cover photo
- Check the box to verify that you are an authorized representative of the organization
- Click “Create Page” You are all set!
Here are some additional tips to help grow your LinkedIn business page:
- Use an updated headshot or photo – professional photos only
- Join groups or Bar Associations to grow your presence
- The LinkedIn algorithm is similar to Google so use keywords in your details and overview
We hope that you will use LinkedIn to build new connections, increase searchability, build a great team, and use it as another marketing platform.