Would you believe us if we said that, as of this year, Instagram has 1 billion users?
Instagram is a place where law practices can share about their business, provide personal stories, reviews and updates. It is also a place where past, present and future clients can learn more about your business through photos and videos. It is a powerful platform for lawyers looking to increase visibility and awareness and connect with prospective clients, peers, and other firms.
Hashtags are often used for specific search results and location can be turned on so potential clients can find your services easier.
So, how do you go about creating a business Instagram account for your law practice?
- Sign up for a free Instagram account HERE
- Fill out your email address, name, and create a username that is relevant to your practice and consistent with other social media platforms you may have. Create your password and then submit the information
- Instagram will send you a verification code to confirm it’s you
- Once you receive and submit the code, your account is created
Once you are logged in to your Instagram account, you will see the “Edit” button on the top right side – click the button to finish editing your profile. From here, you will want to add professional photos, your website, your mission or vision statements, services you offer and areas you serve.
A business Instagram account is different than a personal Instagram account – mainly due to the offering of analytics and advertising capabilities.
After creating my account, what’s next?
- Under “Settings” in your account, click “Switch to Professional Account”
- Since you are a law practice, you will click on the “business” option on the next page
- Under category, you will choose “Lawyer and Law Firm” or “Legal Services”
- Add your phone number, address and professional email address
Growing your law practice on Instagram can take time but, once you have a strategy in place, it should be easier to grow your firm and engage your audience. It’s important that you utilize photos and video that are clear and professional, include relevant hashtags, and post reviews or testimonials to establish credibility. We also recommend keeping your personal and business accounts separate.