In a booming economy, running a successful law practice can feel effortless. The engine chugs along–often with only minor supervision. But when the economy changes and inflation comes into play, the practice model must also evolve.
This episode of Great Practice, Great Life® explores how to maintain a well-oiled machine when attorneys and practice employees alike are struggling to overcome increasing expenses and stagnant wages amidst inflation.
Glenn Finch is a longtime friend of Steve’s and a partner at Atticus. Married for 20 years with four children and five grandchildren, Glenn is also a Colonel in the Florida National Guard, has a black belt in martial arts, is a master scuba diver, and served for 12 years as a Senior Pastor for three multi-staffed churches in Florida.
From their perspectives as experienced Practice Advisors, Steve and Glenn explore different and unique ways to continue marketing a law practice when clients tighten their budgets in the face of increasing necessary expenses.
In this episode, you will hear:
- Why Glenn is passionate about creating resilient practices while facing inflation.
- Why competing with increasing wages is a zero-sum game.
- How satisfaction helps retain employees.
- What “sharpening the client mix” means and why it’s a key strategy.
- The difference between marketing and advertising and how time in marketing building relationships can overcome money spent in advertising.
- Why protecting your well-being is vital to being able to help others.
Subscribe and Review
Have you subscribed to our podcast? We’d love for you to subscribe if you haven’t yet.
We’d love it even more if you could drop a review or 5-star rating over on Apple Podcasts. Simply select “Ratings and Reviews” and “Write a Review” then a quick line with your favorite part of the episode. It only takes a second and it helps spread the word about the podcast.