It can be hard to let go of control–especially as an attorney running your own law firm. One advantage of relinquishing it can be increased profitability and taking back your time to accomplish more important tasks.
Can non-lawyers successfully implement the initial meeting process with prospective clients? Steve believes they can. Attorneys often become bogged down in the details–especially in initial meetings–and spend valuable time responding to emails and offering free legal advice.
Steve’s guest on this episode of Great Practice, Great Life is Patti Paz. Patti is an adjunct practice advisor, paralegal, and team leader. She also co-leads Practice Growth Programs and is Steve’s co-instructor for a program teaching non-lawyers to do initial meetings.
You’ll hear the three common objections attorneys have to non-lawyers conducting initial client meetings, the five Ps of an initial meeting for non-lawyers, and why a process map is crucial to teach non-lawyers how to navigate these intake meetings.
In this episode, you will hear:
- The three common objections attorneys have to non-lawyers conducting initial client meetings
- Why emotional needs are about the attorney and not the client
- How positivity and actively listening to your team member can help make the transition to non-lawyer initial consults smoother
- The five Ps of an initial meeting for non-lawyers and how a process map can help
- Why it’s crucial to understand what appeals to the prospect during the intake process
- Why the intake process is part of an ongoing improvement process inside the firm
- How having a non-lawyer conducting the intake process can save you time and revenue
Subscribe and Review
Have you subscribed to our podcast? We’d love for you to subscribe if you haven’t yet.
We’d love it even more if you could drop a review or 5-star rating over on Apple Podcasts. Simply select “Ratings and Reviews” and “Write a Review” then a quick line with your favorite part of the episode. It only takes a second and it helps spread the word about the podcast.