In the legal world, most attorneys hyper-focus on their particular area. Often, they’re afraid to hire more staff because more staff means more money spent. What they fail to recognize, though, is that a carefully curated team can increase the quality and revenue of their practices multiple times.
It seems counterintuitive that hiring more people could lead to more revenue, yet hiring the right team members can do exactly that. They can remove the tasks from your plate that you don’t want to focus on or simply no longer have the time for. Along with having your finances under control and a marketing strategy, you can set yourself up for greater success.
Marc Whitehead is a double board-certified attorney who specializes in disability claims today. His firm has more than 50 employees and continues to grow. A self-described recovering personal injury trial lawyer, he spent the first half of his career taking on car accidents, slip-and-fall incidents, and other cases of that nature. Marc began the transition to Social Security disability claims about halfway through his 30-year career and discovered he could plan his day, month, and even vacations instead of being a slave to his trial calendar.
This episode is part two of Steve’s conversation with Marc Whitehead about how he grew his business six times over the past few years. Marc reveals more of the strategies he used to propel his practice’s growth, increase revenue, and take back control of his time.
In this episode, you will hear:
- Why you should have a revenue baseline to consider before hiring new team members in a particular area of the business
- Why Marc hired offshore employees to handle hold times on the phone
- How often he examines his process with his team and where they can resolve inefficiencies
- How improving your finances and business processes helps increase revenue
- Why your mindset surrounding staffing needs to change
- Investing in capacity with quality team members increases the quality of your life, practice, and your clients’ quality of life
- How having a spouse in your firm can be detrimental to your practice
- What Marc’s intake department does and how he decided he needed it
- How a training manual can streamline your intake process
- Marc’s marketing strategy to get higher-value cases
Subscribe and Review
Have you subscribed to our podcast? We’d love for you to subscribe if you haven’t yet.
We’d love it even more if you could drop a review or 5-star rating over on Apple Podcasts. Simply select “Ratings and Reviews” and “Write a Review” then a quick line with your favorite part of the episode. It only takes a second and it helps spread the word about the podcast.
Email Marc for your free subscription to the Successful Barrister newsletter: firstname.lastname@example.org