012: The Secrets of 6x Growth with Marc Whitehead – Part 1
As an attorney, working five hours a day sounds like a dream. And growing your revenue six times? No way.
It is possible, it doesn’t have to cost you any money, and the secret is in the strategy. Being unafraid to try new things and zeroing in on a niche can take your law firm to the next level of success.
Marc Whitehead is a double board-certified attorney who specializes in disability claims today. His firm has more than 50 employees and continues to grow. A self-described recovering personal injury trial lawyer, he spent the first half of his career taking on car accidents, slip-and-fall incidents, and other cases of that nature. Marc began the transition to Social Security disability claims about halfway through his 30-year career and discovered he could plan his day, month, and even vacations instead of being a slave to his trial calendar.
You’ll hear Marc describe how he decided to transition his practice, why his niche is so satisfying, and why he enjoys it so much. He now co-teaches the “Double Your Revenue” workshop and has increased his revenue six times since first attending the workshop in 2015. Additionally, Marc is an adjunct practice advisor for Atticus.
In this episode, you will hear:
- How Marc Whitehead began his career, transitioned the nature of his practice, and how he created more time for himself
- Why he decided to create a law niche in Social Security and why it’s so lucrative
- How a cost-benefit analysis led him to hire team members and streamline the work
- Why focusing on a niche enables him to define and refine his processes powerfully
- Marc’s successful newsletter and how it acts as a marketing tool
- How the “Double Your Revenue” workshop caused him to increase his revenue six times
- The strategies most attorneys ignore when they consider expansion
- Limiting the type of clients you decide to accept and what that does for your bottom line
- Why he’s always looking for other opportunities and why they aren’t always a fit
Subscribe and Review
Have you subscribed to our podcast? We’d love for you to subscribe if you haven’t yet.
We’d love it even more if you could drop a review or 5-star rating over on Apple Podcasts. Simply select “Ratings and Reviews” and “Write a Review” then a quick line with your favorite part of the episode. It only takes a second and it helps spread the word about the podcast.
Email Marc for your free subscription to the Successful Barrister newsletter: firstname.lastname@example.org