053: Breaking Into Growth: How We Grew Our Law Firm 400% Over 6 Years and Learned to Take 6 Weeks Off Annually with Jennifer & Fred Felten
Picture this: you’re stuck in a stable job, yearning for a taste of the entrepreneurial life. Would you dare to leap?
On this episode of Great Practice, Great Life, meet Jennifer and Fred Felten, a dynamic duo who did just that. Leaving their comfortable careers behind, they plunged into the risky world of real estate law. Harnessing their backgrounds in engineering and marketing, they embarked on a journey of breaking norms and shattering expectations. Bear witness to their voyage into entrepreneurship and the invaluable lessons they learned along the way.
Imagine transforming a niche practice into a thriving business. With the help of the Practice Growth Program at Atticus, Jennifer and Fred overcame their early apprehensions and became the go-to experts in the escrow space. Listen as they unravel their unique strategies of leveraged marketing and nurturing high-quality relationships and their savvy approach to delegation and task management, and then marvel at their ability to maintain a successful professional and personal relationship while scaling their business.
Is a business coach really necessary? Jennifer and Fred make a compelling case for why it’s absolutely essential. Likening it to the role of a sports coach, they emphasize the behind-the-scenes work required to achieve the desired outcome. Listen to Jennifer’s inspiring story of overcoming early challenges and their shared expressions of gratitude for the success they’ve achieved.
Remember, taking risks and breaking norms can lead to remarkable triumphs. This episode is a testament to that and a powerful motivational peg for all aspiring entrepreneurs out there.
In this episode, you will hear:
- Jennifer and Fred Felten’s journey from stable jobs to entrepreneurship and their focus on their niche practice in real estate law
- The importance of risk-taking, breaking norms, and business coaching in achieving success in business
- Their marketing strategies, including leveraged marketing and building quality relationships, mainly targeting the escrow space and becoming thought leaders in their industry
- Utilizing delegation and effective communication to maintain a harmonious professional and personal relationship
- The value of business coaching in reaching their goals and accelerating their business growth
- Jennifer’s inspiring story as an example of the power of perseverance, determination, and the willingness to step out of comfort zones
- Jennifer and Fred’s decision to transition from stable jobs to starting their own business, demonstrating their belief in their abilities and the potential of their venture
Follow and Review:
We’d love for you to follow us if you haven’t yet. Click that purple ‘+‘ in the top right corner of your Apple Podcasts app. We’d love it even more if you could drop a review or 5-star rating over on Apple Podcasts. Simply select “Ratings and Reviews” and “Write a Review” then a quick line with your favorite part of the episode. It only takes a second and it helps spread the word about the podcast.