Posted on January 29, 2013
Hot Practice Tips
Listen in to hear the tips and techniques in the areas of time management, technology, outsourcing, and staffing. Orlando’s own Glenn Finch facilitated our panel discussion and was joined by Denver Practice Advisor Patrick Wilson, St. Petersburg Practice Advisor Nora Riva Bergman and Ohio Practice Advisor Regina Olbinsky.
You’ll hear tips on:
- Managing the email monster
- Focus management
- Limiting the needless interruptions that can wreck your day
- Staff Surveys: How to improve your firm’s performance by understanding your staff
- Mega-Mind: Purposeful networking with other attorneys for improvement
- Emotional Intelligence isn’t a dirty word
- Making room for the big picture
These practice management tips come from years of experience with hundreds of attorneys in small and mid-size firms who all share a common desire: increase income, decrease stress, and take better care of clients.
Books mentioned during the call include:
- Send: Why People Email So Badly and How to Do It Better, by David Shipley and Will Schwalbe
- Emotional Intelligence by Dan Goleman and Richard Boyatzis
- Resonant Leadership by Richard Boyatzis
- Becoming a Resonant Leader (a workbook) by Richard Boyatzis
- First, Break All the Rules by Buckingham and Coffman
- Outlook plug-ins mentioned by Nora Bergman: xobni, SimplyFile and Getting Things Done- GTD
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.